Friday, May 16, 2008

Earworm

And possibly fingerworm as well, I just spent an age digging up a free score for this piece. Tis Granados, Danza EspaƱola No. 2, Oriental. It kills me.

Piano: the first one I found was by this 11 year-old girl. While it's prolly a bit less polished than this other woman's version, I love how she's really into it. Also, dudes, 11.


Geetar:

It's great being able to compare versions on different instruments. I reckon the guitar one is more romantic and soulful, cos they make up for the instrument's relatively limited dynamic range with sensitive phrasing and flexible timing. Or something. I'm only just beginning to work on my classical ear after x million years/dollars of music tuition. The slides on the guitar make it more lyrical as well. Sigh.

Why is this piece so familiar and haunting? I have a feeling it's from a movie. Godfather? I've definitely heard it before. Only came upon the title by chance, listening to ABC Classic FM: Up Insanely Late. Digging that channel lately. In my car I've got it programmed along with Triple J and Today FM. In company the cooler ones are chosen; alone I wind down the windows and blast me some harp action.

PS for Chris: I SAW A MOUSE IN MY ROOM!!! The first time it was exiting. The second time it was coming in. Errrr.

2 comments:

chvi said...

FUCK! A mouse!

Why was it entering ur room dear? Get rid of it! Or u'll be living like me, clothes off the floor. Its actually quite hard, bc I can't put clothes on the floor in my wardrobe. Really hard. LOL

Anonymous said...

mice are freaky.gl with exams btw...