Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Indecision 08

A German and an Aussie med student in a Vietnam triage room.
German: What day is it today?
Aussie: Umm let's see...tomorrow is the election. I mean, The Election.
and previously
Aussie 1: I haven't been following the elections recently, but yesterday I went on a mad spree and stayed up til 2am looking up the candidates on Wikipedia and reading the blogs.
Aussie 2: Dude. ME. TOO.
Conclusion: don't fuck it up for everyone, America! Kthanx.

I've had a bit of election fever for a while actually. Huffington Post is my drug of choice, although it's funny how it's so overtly Obamamania. Reminds me of how my Flynnie mentor only watches Fox. All the cognitive bias you need in one place!

CNN and BBC don't work here properly, with only sound but fuzzy wuzzy pictures. I would like to attribute that to Our VC Overlords, but it's more likely due to crappy reception. So my options for fulfilling my "WOOO! WEST WING SEASON FINALE!" excitement are listening to the news (so retro! cf people in WWII listening to the wireless to see whether their city's going to get bombed) or obsessively surfing the blogosphere.

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

VC Overlords...hehe.
Btw...have you ever read the Evil Overlord list?
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

Seriously geeky humour...