Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Suicide for breakfast

Today I had suicide (lectures) from 9-10 and again at 11-12, on about 2 hours' sleep from staying up all night reading Child of the Prophecy, the 3rd in a fantasy trilogy that doth murder sleep. Afterwards, I went home and was handcuffed with plastic bags by a crazy Canberran, just because she was bored. I finally had to give in and use my teeth on the plastic bag which is gross because anything in public places in our house is likely to be cockroach-tainted. Then I did laundry, braving the hip-high weeds and bees and unseen monsters lurking in our garden to hang up my clothes. Then I printed off a book and had a nap.

And today was a good day!

We're in that golden period of grace that lasts maybe a month or so, when the weather is warming up and the skies are blue and still the giant flesh-eating mosquitoes that inhabit Newie Uni haven't figured out that people are starting to wear short sleeves again. There are swarms of invisible flying things occasionally, but they're ok as long as you breathe through your shirt. You don't want invisible flying things breeding in your lungs/intestines after all.

No comments: